Water Management – Hazards and Risk Mitigation (Module 2)
This module – Hazards and Risks – is part of a comprehensive Water Management programme. There are four modules in total which can be completed by the appropriate job role. This awareness course is aimed at Medics, 2nd Engineers, Chief Officers or similar.
Are you interested in a bespoke or customised version of this course? Contact our team.
Delegates receive one attempt per licence unless stated otherwise. If a delegate does not achieve the pass mark, they will be required to order another licence to resit the course.
This module – Hazards and Risk Mitigation – is part of a comprehensive Water Management programme. There are four modules in total which can also be completed separately by job role. This module describes key hazards affecting potable water, the potential health risks as a result of these hazards and additional risk mitigations to prevent illness.
- Identify the key hazards that can affect potable water including:
- The potential for potable water to cause harm
- The factors that influence potable water hazards
- Potable water contamination
- Organic Substances
- Inorganic Substances
- Explain the health risks that can arise from the poor management of water and why they happen
- Microbe Contamination
- Consequences of microbe contamination
- Consequences of E-coli contamination
- Emergency treatment of potable water systems
- Legionella risk
- Organic and inorganic substance contamination risks
- Turbidity risk and control
- Additional Risk Mitigation
- Sanitation and Hygiene
- Examination and testing
- Working with potable water chemicals
- Water supply on dive vessels
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 10 Questions Final Assessment
- Certification: Delegates will receive a Cresent certificate on successful completion of this course
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones