Water Management – Awareness (Module 1)
This module – Water Management Awareness – is part of a comprehensive Water Management programme. There are four modules in total which can be completed by the appropriate job role. This awareness course is aimed at Medics, 2nd Engineers, Chief Officers or similar. Candidates will be able to identify basic components of water management systems.
Are you interested in a bespoke or customised version of this course? Contact our team.
Delegates receive one attempt per licence unless stated otherwise. If a delegate does not achieve the pass mark, they will be required to order another licence to resit the course.
This module – Water Management Awareness – is part of a comprehensive Water Management programme. There are four modules in total which can be completed by the appropriate job role. This module is particularly useful for giving candidates an awareness level understanding of what wholesome and potable water is and an overview of the water management process.
- Explain what wholesome water and potable water is
- Bunkering and Production
- Receiving water alongside (ex-pipe, road tankers)
- Receiving water from other vessels or barges
- Reverse Osmosis
- Explain the various water treatment options (disinfection) available, including:
- UV filtration
- Silver Ionisation
- Identify legislation applicable to water management
- Describe water management responsibilities for key job roles
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 10 Questions Final Assessment
- Certification: Delegates will receive a Cresent certificate on successful completion of this course
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones