Transportation of Dangerous Goods By Sea (Awareness Level)
This course is suitable for anyone involved in the transportation of dangerous goods by sea. It includes information on the legal responsibilities for transportation of dangerous goods or hazardous materials via sea and the special considerations that need to be taken.
This course is designed to give a detailed overview and understanding of the issues surrounding the Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Sea.
- Define dangerous goods and explain how to identify them
- Describe the legislation for the transportation of dangerous goods
- Describe the classes and types of dangerous goods
- Describe packing and safe methods of storage
- Explain the transportation of dangerous goods by sea
- Describe the marking and labelling requirements
- Identify the documentation requirements
- Describe the loading and handling requirements
- Explain the safe handling and emergency information
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Certification: Delegates will receive a Cresent certificate on successful completion of this course
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones
This course is brought to you in partnership with DANGO Training Services, transportation of dangerous goods experts.