Manual Handling Awareness
This course has been designed to give candidates an understanding of manual handling, the causes of injury, common injuries, guidance on the proper lifting techniques and the use of manual handling aids.
Are you looking to put a high volume of delegates through this course? Speak to our team about how we can help.
The aim of this course is to prevent workplace accidents caused by incorrect manual handling.
- Explain what manual handling is
- Describe the structure of the human spine
- Identify factors that contribute to manual handling incidents
- Identify the common causes and injuries involved in manual handling
- Identify proper lifting techniques and the importance of ergonomic design
- Identify ways to reduce manual handling incidents
- Identify the purpose, factors and responsibility of the risk assessment
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones