Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) Awareness
This is an awareness course, suitable for all employees working in hazardous industries. Candidates will learn what Lock Out Tag Out is and how it fits into the isolation process. Delegates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of key terminology and equipment used in the isolation process and the legislation associated with LOTO.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with an overview of Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO); what it is, when we need it and why we need it; the key roles and responsibilities and the typical 8 steps within the isolation process.
- Explain why energy isolation is required
- Explain the purpose of isolations
- Describe key terminology used in isolations
- List the legislation applicable to LOTO
- Explain who is typically involved in isolations
- Describe the training requirements for workers involved in isolations
- List the 8 steps of isolation
- Give examples of when to use lock out
- Identify the different types of isolation devices
- Describe what to do if lock out cannot be used
- Duration: 60 minutes (approx.)
- Knowledge Check: 20 Question Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones
This course is brought to you in partnership with Reece Safety Limited.