The aim of this course is to provide candidates with an awareness of Legionella, what it is, where it can be found, how it is treated and how it can affect them.
Are you looking to put a large volume of delegates through this course? Speak to our team about how we can help.
Course ObjectiveThe aim of this course is to provide candidates with an awareness of Legionella, what it is, where it can be found, how it is treated and how it can affect them.
- Explain what Legionella is and where it can be found
- Identify systems which present a risk of Legionella increasing
- Explain how Legionella multiplies
- Identify the temperatures that affect Legionella
- Explain what Legionnaires’ disease is and how it is contracted
- Describe who can be affected by Legionnaires’ disease
- Identify when the symptoms of Legionnaires’ disease begin
- Describe the symptoms of Legionnaires’ disease
- Describe how the risk of Legionella is controlled in water systems
- Explain how water is treated
- Describe cleaning and disinfection procedures
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones