IMS 200 for Single Resources and Initial Actions
The aim of this course is to build on the knowledge gained from the IMS 100 – Introduction to the Incident Management System course or provide training and resources for personnel who are likely to assume a supervisory position within the IMS.
Course ObjectiveBuilding on the knowledge gained from IMS 100, the IMS 200 course provides training for personnel who are likely to take on a supervisory role within an Incident Management System. The online course is designed to enable personnel to operate effectively during an incident within the management system. IMS is a flexible tool and as you work through the courses you will see how it can be effectively adapted for all types of emergencies.
IMS 200 topics covered
- Leadership and management
- Delegation of authority and management of objectives
- Functional areas and positions
- Organisational flexibility of command
- Course summary
On completion of the course, the delegate will be familiar with
- Chain of command and unity of command
- Modular organisation
- Management of objectives
- Manageable span of control
- Transfer of command
- Duration: 120 minutes (approx.)
- Knowledge Check: Inter-module assessment questions, to test knowledge and understanding throughout, followed by a 10-question final graded assessment.
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones