IMS 100 Introduction to the Incident Management System
The aim of this course is to provide you with an introductory level of knowledge of the Incident Management System, Incident Command System and provide awareness for any individual performing a support role in a response situation, in the event of an oil spill incident.
This online course will introduce delegates to an Incident Management System and how it can be used effectively in the event of an oil spill. The IMS has been based on the principles of the Incident Command System (ICS) which is used to respond to events such as Natural Disasters, Explosions, Oil Spills and Bombings.
This course provides awareness for an individual who would perform a support role in any oil spill response and covers seven main topics. The topics this e-learning course will cover:
- An overview of what IMS is, including a brief history
- Lists the five management functions that IMS has been built around
- Describes the duties of those different functions
- Covers six basic features of the IMS
- Lists the six major incident facilities and describes what each one is for
- Describes the practical steps that a responder would need to take before, during and after an incident.
- Duration: 60 minutes (approx.)
- Knowledge Check: Inter-module assessment questions, to test knowledge and understanding throughout, followed by a 10-question final graded assessment.
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones
This course is brought to you in partnership with Oil Spill Response Limited (OSRL).