Hazard Awareness and Identification
This Hazard Awareness and Identification course is suitable for all employees working in the global energy or hazardous industries and has been developed in accordance with the ‘STEP Change in Safety’ initiative that promotes the establishment, maintenance and development of hazard identification and risk assessment systems to provide a safer work environment.
The course provides candidates with instruction on how to recognise the hazards present in their daily working lives at any time and identify control measures that can be put in place to minimise the risks. On successful completion of this course, candidates will have an excellent appreciation of the key features of hazard identification systems used.
The course includes practical 360-degree environment scenario assessments to practice finding hazards and identifying the correct control measures.
- Explain what hazard identification is
- Identify methods of hazard identification
- Describe the different energy sources that may be hazardous
- Identify examples of control measures for each energy source
- Describe how to use your senses to detect hazards
- Explain the importance of good observation
- Demonstrate identification of hazards within relevant scenarios
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones