Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH)
This Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) awareness course is suitable for all candidates working with hazardous substances on a regular basis. The content of this course has been developed by qualified chemists and fully satisfies the requirements of the UK COSHH Regulations.
Are you interested in a bespoke or customised version of this course? Contact our team.
Course ObjectiveThe aim of the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) course is to provide information to candidates on how to control their exposure to hazardous substances to prevent ill-health.
- Explain what COSHH is and why we need it
- Explain the COSHH regulations
- Describe the employer and employee duties under the COSHH regulations
- Identify the ways in which you may come into contact with a hazardous substance
- Explain what a Material Safety Data Sheet is
- Recall the hazard symbols used
- Describe the different control measures that can be used
- Identify the personal protective equipment specific to chemical applications
- Describe a COSHH Risk Assessment
- Identify good practices related to COSHH
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Assessment
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speaks
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones