Authorised Gas Tester – Level 3 (OPITO Approved)
This course, accredited to the OPITO Authorised Gas Tester – Level 3 standard, will give candidates the knowledge required, in preparation to work as a Safety Watch. They will gain knowledge of relevant procedures, how to work within a permit to work system, how to use gas detecting equipment, the behaviours of different gases and information on how to complete relevant documentation.
Please note that when placing your order that an email address and date of birth are required for the delegate. Neglecting to include these will delay the order process. Contact a member of our team if you have any questions.
The aim of this course is to provide candidates with the knowledge to allow them to operate as a Level 3 Authorised Gas Tester.
- Describe hot work and the dangers associated with this type of work
- Identify the type of production operation being tested for flammable and toxic gases
- Describe the duties of the Safety Watch
- Describe the implications of organisational and statutory requirements
- Describe how to access and interpret relevant operational requirements
- Describe how to select, use and care for PPE and RPE
- Describe how to work within the Permit to Work system
- Describe the hazards and properties of different flammable gases
- Describe the behaviour of different gases
- Describe how to check the controls on gas detecting equipment
- Describe the importance of regular communication
- Describe how to complete the relevant documentation
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 11 Questions Final Assessment
- Remediation: This course includes 2 additional remediation attempts at the Final Assessment should the delegate not successfully demonstrate all OPITO Learning Outcomes during initial assessment. To qualify for remediation, the delegate must score between 80% – 99% in the Final Assessment.
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speakers
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones