WorkSafe® is an electronic, browser based, Control of Work (CoW) system which has been developed following a unique collaboration between specialists in Control of Work and a dedicated software team which uses the latest programming techniques for development. WorkSafe® is relied upon by over 30 facilities worldwide and has been successfully used in the Middle-East since 2006. It has evolved over time following direct feedback from clients and from the wider industry. It has been built to the following three principles:
- 1.SafeIt must increase safety in the workplace and reduce risk
- 2.EfficientIt must improve efficiency of operations and therefore deliver cost savings
- 3.Easyit must be simple to use and intuitive so that minimal training is required
Find out more about WorkSafe® by watching our video
WorkSafe® Control of Work consists of three core modules:
- Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (HITRA)
- Permit to Work (PTW)
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO)
These core modules are supported by a number of supplementary modules within the system such including:
Graphical Planner and Conflict Manager
For identifying and avoiding conflicting work
To allow the Client to make configurable changes
For tracking user changes in the system and providing an auditable trail of approvals
Cumulative Risk Module
To allow Senior Management to view the overall risk on a site
Lessons Learned Module
To manage lessons learned and enable continuous improvement across the organisation
- The WorkSafe® Control of Work Hazard Identification and Task Risk Assessment (HITRA) module enables clients to identify hazards and implement controls to ensure residual risk is As Low as Reasonably Practicable (ALARP).
- The WorkSafe® Permit to Work module is a formal recorded process used to control work which is identified as potentially hazardous.
- The WorkSafeⓇ Lock Out Tag Out Module ensures that hazardous equipment is properly isolated and not able to be started up again prior to the completion of maintenance or servicing work
- The WorkSafeⓇ Control of Work Operational Risk Assessment (ORA) module ensures that robust arrangements are in place to identify and evaluate major accident hazards.
- The WorkSafe® Graphical Planner provides a multi-level visual overview and Permit and non-Permit maintenance work to assist with planning work to be undertaken and to minimise conflicts.
- The WorkSafe® Control of Work Conflict Manager allows privileged system users to avoid conflicting work activities by moving work to a more suitable time
WorkSafe® is a highly configurable system which allows the System Administrator an unparalleled level of flexibility to make changes such as:
Licencing, Hosting, Support and Updates
Whichever hosting solution is selected, we provide an unlimited site wide licence for as many users to access the system as required; this high degree of flexibility is valued by our customers during periods of shutdown where there can be many additional users in the system.
The solution can either be deployed locally on to a customer’s infrastructure or hosted remotely by Cresent and accessed via the internet. The solution chosen depends on your specific requirements and Cresent will make a recommendation on this as part of the initial data and requirements gathering phase.
We provide several different levels of Support and Maintenance depending on a customer’s specific requirements; ranging from our highest ‘Gold’ level that provides assurance 24 / 7, to our ‘Bronze’ level that provides Support and Maintenance within UK working hours. All Support and Maintenance is provided by our dedicated team based in Aberdeen and our Service Level Agreements (SLAs) are written in plain English so that you can clearly understand what Support is to be provided.
Software updates are provided regularly and are managed through our Software Governance Board (SGB) which meets regularly to review the Product Roadmap. This live document controls the future direction of the product including new features under development.
Why WorkSafe® with Cresent?
WorkSafe® Future Developments
WorkSafe® Control of Work V2.5 has recently been released and includes several enhancements over previous versions of the system, such as:
- A simpler, more modern and visually appealing user interface
- The introduction of new features and modules; Control of Work Library (Exemplars), Operational Risk Assessments (ORA) and Cumulative Risk
- Improved performance and responsiveness