This is an awareness course, suitable for all employees working in hazardous industries. Candidates will learn about what asbestos is and why it is dangerous, as well as where it will be found and what to do should any suspicious materials be found on site.
Are you interested in a bespoke or customised version of this course? Contact our team.
Course ObjectiveThis is an awareness course, suitable for all employees working in hazardous industries. Candidates will learn about what asbestos is and why it is dangerous, as well as where it will be found and what to do should any suspicious materials be found on site.
- Describe the nature and properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- List the types of asbestos and explain where asbestos and ACMs can be typically found
- Recall the existence of general legislation in relation to health and safety and asbestos
- Describe how to avoid the risks from asbestos
- Explain where to obtain information on asbestos prior to commencing work
- Explain what to do if suspicious materials are found
- Describe appropriate workplace precautions, including the risk assessment process, with regard to the risks of asbestos
- Explain how to undertake work activities in a safe manner and without risk to yourselves or others
- List procedures to be followed when coming into unintentional contact with ACMs and appropriate emergency arrangements
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Knowledge Check: 20 Questions Final Assessment
- Certification: Delegates will receive a Cresent certificate on successful completion of this course
- Operating System: Windows (7,8,10) and Apple Mac
- Browsers: Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox and Safari
- Plug-In: Adobe Flash Player required
- Additional Hardware: Please ensure that you have headphones or speaks
- Please note that our courses cannot be run on tablets or smartphones